Thursday, May 18, 2006

wandering...


So, I've been up, down, and all around. Since Monday I've been wandering around New Jersey. My mode of transport? Trains, random rides, and my Adidas. I've been to the farmlands. A shell of a house in the sticks. The ghettoes of central Jersey. Rich suburbs. The beaches. I've stayed with girls I haven't seen in years. I've seen friends I haven't seen in months. I've seen white trash puke on barstools while I ate a bar pie, and drank away my last nine dollars. I've slept on trains. I've listened to three kids from Asbury Park discuss the history of basketball. I've been yelled at by conducters. I've heard a gay guy breakup with his boyfriend. I've walked for miles with a heavy backpack. I've smoked highly potent trichromes. I've eaten two Wawa subs because I smoked highly potent trichromes. I've moved through this scummy state quickly, and accomplished much. Now I'm at the last stop. The ghost town. Nothing goes on here. I'm in a holding pattern, waiting to ship off to New York in the morning. There are a few things here that make it a good pit-stop. Obviously, we've got the internet access. We have liquor; an extremely large cabinet devoted to it in fact. More importantly, ice. Yes, we have ice; it's crucial for proper alcohol consumption. We had two beers, but I drank those quickly. We also have a fridge stocked to the tits with great food. As you can see, this is a good place to lay low, and recharge your batteries. I've got my shit together, packed and all, and in the morning, the train up to NYC awaits. However, for now, what do I do? I drink. I listen to the first Strokes album. We have this blog post you see here now. I also do something I've never done before, and most likely will never do again. I send out random friend requests on Myspace. But hey, sometimes boredom will fuck you like that. Anyways, if you're in New York tonight, and you know the number, use it. If you're in Phoenix, I'll be back Saturday morning; once again, if you know the number, use it, if not, I'll most likely be at the Rogue Saturday night... as for now, we need rum, whiskey, vodka, mixers, and ice... lots of ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home