Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sad World



I weep for the disappearing world.
Otherwise I weep for nothing.
For my family I have no tears.
Love begs my emotion.
But the loss of simple freedoms puts a pit in my stomach.
Random things I miss:
Smoking in public establishments.
Places without surveillance.
Items without tracking devices.
People without suspicion.
Drinking in socially acceptable ways.
Cops without tasers.
Roads without passports.
Groceries with butchers.
Towns without rules.
The more we lose each day.
The less we care.
The less character we have.
This is what makes me sad.
This is what makes us numb.

"People are always talking about freedom, freedom to live a certain way, without being kicked around. Of course the more you live a certain way, the less it feels like freedom. Me, I change during the course of a day, I wake and I'm one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm someone else. I don't who I am most of the time. It's like you got yesterday, today and tomorrow in the same room, there's no telling what can happen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home