Thursday, January 22, 2009

Walking The Line


I started school today. Well, school started three days ago, but I started today. I perused the multiple intricate syllabus's and it felt like an overload. The topics and coursework are interesting, these classes actually have substance that pertains to useful knowledge in the real world. It only took until my final semester for that to happen? So what it seems like is that I'll actually have to study, put forth the effort, try, etc.. Now this may prove to be a difficult balancing act. I'm just having too much fun, too much booze, too much sex. After spending those focused times in New Jersey I bust out and did more in the first week or two than I had done in those previous six months. That's the thing about deprivation, expose yourself to the life again and your hunger will increase tenfold. I can see that now, as I've become quite out of hand, and that's just a month in. I can see it advancing, accelerating, and it worries me. Bobby needs to learn when to say when. Because it would seem that after the activities of the past month, I can do whatever I want. There's no lack of money, women, booze and good times that others have to contend with. My world is wide open, and I'm just getting my feet wet. If I continue on this path I wonder where it will lead just three months down the road. That's why I say I need to practice my balancing act. The past six months in Jersey were shit and filled with work. The previous year in Portland was dismal. I deserve this return to the wild, but I need to get my shit done as well. I'm confident things will go well, I will formulate a gameplan. It's too early not to have fun, and it's too late to fuck up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home