Friday, March 27, 2009

Down And Out In The Valley


I am going to make a hamburger. I'd like to make something else, but it's just not in the cards, and I'm hungry. I'm broke, food is scarce around here. I started my day by waking up alone for once, it felt strange. Then I cleaned the house up because it proves to be too dificult a task for my roommates. After which I pretended to enjoy my meager Hot Pocket breakfast. I scanned the internet for the usual things; ignoring school. On Craigslist I found an interesting job prospect, so I hopped the light rail over to their weird little bar and applied. On the way back I stopped in Casey's to fill out an application, we'll see what happens. 

Yesterday my friend Mark set up an interview for me at Chronic Tacos, it went okay besides the fact the Faras walked into the restaurant halfway through with his ill intentions. After I was done I stepped outside to talk with him. He proceeded to go on some insane diatribe about how I was not only talking to his girlfriend, but seeing her, and possibly fucking her as well. Is any of this true? No. I have not spoken to her since December, seen her since April, and we have never been anything but friends. To put this into perspective a little bit, he is a crazy Saudi Arabian, and if you know anything about Saudis, you know that they take their control of women deadly serious. So he goes on for about twenty minutes telling me he "knows" about everything, that I was only pretending to apply for the job just to be near the hotel she was at. Simply put, he is delusional. He would not listen to reason or the truth, so at this point it was just a waste of time to continue the discussion, if you could call it that. After walking away, he chased me down and told me that if I go near her or speak to her he and his crazy friends will in so many words kill me, even take himself out in the process if necessary. He also told me that he knows where I live, which I hope is not true because this guy is so fucking out there that I wouldn't put anything past him. After that I popped into a bar for a Bloody Mary and analyzed how to handle the situation. 

Otherwise, we've been having band practice lately. We've just been putting the songs together, practicing my singing, and Darkos been learning the songs. We have three prospective drummers and two prospective bassists. By next week it should all come together, and I hope so because Darko wants to start playing gigs by next month. We'll see what comes of it, we're just having fun at the moment.

But what I really need to do right now... what I really need to get done, because it's so important. I need to make that hamburger. No wait, a cheeseburger. It should be epic. After that, it's cocktail hour. Plus it's been a little while since we've had more than ten people over. We have laid low long enough after what happened two weeks ago, so I think it might just have to be one of those nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home